The best way to handle your Bitcoins are to treat them the same as Cash. Therefore, be wary of things too good to be true and keep your investment safe.
Remember, at the time of this article each Bitcoin is worth $100.00
PCWorld - 10 things about Bitcoin every consumer should know
10. Digital Bitcoin wallets are stored unencrypted by default.
9. Bitcoin thefts have occurred, sometimes in large quantities.
8. Old wallets, and their contents, can be retrieved pretty easily.
7. DoS is possible on Bitcoin, just like any other site.
6. "There are no guarantees that any eWallet service won't one day take all your Bitcoins and disappear."
5. Speaking of legal issues, it is a bit murky.
4. Bitcoin is not really all that anonymous.
3. Hoarding could pop Bitcoin's bubble.
2. If Bitcoin fails, it has no safety net.
1. Leaders in the Bitcoin community call it risky.